The Spyglass

The student news site of Galena High School.

The Spyglass

The Spyglass

Hailey Wills, Staff writer

When looking at Hailey Wills, the last thought to cross one’s mind would be that she is  a procrastinator. She is involved in multiple sports and extracurriculars, but she will wait to the last minute to start that English paper that was assigned 2 weeks ago. She always gets it done, however.

Although procrastination is at the top of her list of skills, Hailey most definitely has a lot on her plate.

“Unnecessary stress definitely makes it hard for involved students like myself to find motivation to stay involved,” Hailey said.

When the combination of sports, clubs and homework becomes too much, students like Hailey can find themselves agitated or on edge. The stress put on students to sleep eight hours a day, do two hours of homework, eight hours of school, and at least four hours of extracurriculars, the time in the day almost runs out for a minute to even just sit down. Hailey’s busy schedule often causes her to be stressed out, almost to a point where she wants to just drop everything.

Being involved shows school spirit and motivation. This can become overwhelming when homework is piled upon students who already have many commitments.

“But without my support system, I wouldn’t be doing what I’m doing now,” Hailey said.

Of course, some days, the best option seems like to quit. Enjoyment and true passion for the activities is often the reason for involvement. Hailey describes how she could not imagine the her life without the things. So all procrastination and stress aside, Hailey is a leader of the Junior Class through her outstanding academics and involvement, and she wouldn’t change a thing.

By Lillie Anderson

All content by Hailey Wills
The Lady Pirates Make It a 3-peat

The Lady Pirates Make It a 3-peat

Hailey Wills, Staff Writer
November 22, 2016

Sky’s the Limit

Hailey Wills, Staff Writer
September 16, 2016
Load More Stories

Comments (0)

All The Spyglass Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest