Changing it up a bit at the CTE

As you know, the majority of high schools have a thing called spirit week for homecoming. This helps build the school spirit, and gets everyone pumped for the homecoming dance. For the first time ever, the CTE academy decided to have a spirit week of their own. We decided to do this due to the fact that it was CTE awareness week.

This was the first time that we have ever done spirit week for the CTE. The question is, will we continue to have spirit week for the CTE? “We should continue to have spirit week because it is fun and allows the CTE student to get together, rather than being in our own classes and doing our own thing”, says Isabel Karnuth. At the CTE academy, there are separate alternate classes that you have the chance to take junior and senior year.

Most students enjoy dressing up because it’s just a fun thing to do. Also, it’s something that you look forward to going to school for. But what about the teachers? What did they think about spirit week? “The CTE academy should continue to have a spirit week because it nurtured a lot of school pride and brought attention to a lot of the hard work we do here. In the future, we look forward to even more support”, says Ms. T. Therefore, not only did the CTE students participate in spirit week, but the teachers did as well.

For spirit week, there were different things that we could wear for each day. Monday was sports day. Tuesday was pajama day. Wednesday was superhero day. Thursday was profession day/CTE colors, which are red, blue, and gray. Lastly, Friday was hat day. Veronica Anderson dressed up as a certain person on profession day. “I dressed up as Bob Ross and looked cool”, Veronica said.

In my perspective, as a CTE student, I believe that spirit week should be continued. It added a little fun to the stress of a school week. Both students and teachers were greatly impacted by this.