Filed under Features, News

Senior trip proves successful

Members of the Senior Class reluctantly pose immediately after finishing a tiring round of Lazer Tag inside the Kalahari Resort.

On April 5, the GHS seniors traveled to Wisconsin Dells to celebrate their final year of high school. The day began at the Elusive Escape Rooms, which is just as it sounds. A team of four to 16 people is locked in a themed room, ranging in difficulty, with 60 minutes to discover clues, solve puzzles, and find keys and combinations to escape the room.

After spending an hour-and-a-half at the Elusive Escape Room, students headed to Kalahari Resorts for the rest of the day. Featuring an exciting assortment of rides, water slides, and activities–including hair braiding, virtual reality simulators, Go Karts, toilet bowl ride, mini golf, Lazer Tag, indoor surfing, –seniors had plenty of fun to keep them occupied.

According to Kalahari Resorts, “With amenities such as Spa Kalahari & Salon,  exceptional dining options and championship golf, Kalahari goes beyond your expectations.”

“After looking at some other places, it seemed like Wisconsin Dells had the majority of activities we were looking at, and it was cheap. I wanted to make sure that people didn’t have to pay for this trip, so that no one would have to miss out on the last hurrah,” said Student Council President Christian Gronewold.

Last year, students as juniors fundraised for this trip, as well as Prom, through ticketed dinners at the Elks Club. By taking school busses and reducing fees, the trip will cost approximately $80, which includes Escape the Room admission, lunch at, Kalahari Resorts admission, and transportation. Students will even be given $15 of cash for each senior. And though students were encouraged to bring extra spending money, this was an all-expense paid trip for every senior.

Although Drama Club cast members had to leave early for practice–it was the night before the show–most agreed that it was well-paced trip. Senior Stephanie Hyde, who had to leave early for play practice, said, “I really enjoyed the Escape Room challenge. I thought there was plenty of time planned for the Kalahari, but I wish we could have stayed longer. We were all having a great time.”