Senior volleyball players recognized

The senior Lady Pirates were recognized before their home game versus West Carroll on Tuesday, October 2. The seniors walked across the court with their parents and were honored for the leadership and dedication to the Galena High School volleyball team as well as the other programs they have been involved with during their tenure at GHS. These students are examples of what it takes to be a student athlete.

Sophia Heister is the daughter of Jason and Stacy Heisler. During her time at GHS, Sophia has been involved in volleyball, track, band, Key Club, Spanish club, FFA, newspaper, student council, and National Honor Society. She plans to attend a four year university.

Sawyer Quick is the daughter of Charlie Quick, Katie Lawrence and Jenn and Josh Montgomery. Sawyer is involved in volleyball, track Key Club, National Honor Society, newspaper, yearbook, Spanish club, art club and FFA. She plans to attend a four year university.

Addison Soat is the daughter of Tom and Erin Soat. She is involved in volleyball, student council, Key Club, newspaper, FFA and art club. Her future plans are to attend a four year university and major in physical therapy.

Samantha Stoffregen is the daughter of Stewart and Jenny Stoffregen. Samantha is involved in volleyball, softball, band, FFA, art club, Key Club, student leadership, and National Honor Society. She plans to attend a four year university and continue to play volleyball and softball.

Drew Wasson is the daughter of Barry and Rhonda Wasson. Drew is involved in volleyball, newspaper, yearbook, and art club. She plans on attending a four year university.

Morgan Wills is the daughter of Mike and Tammy Wills. She is involved in volleyball, track, softball, Spanish club, art club, and servant leadership. Morgan plans on attending a four year university for nursing and would like to continue to play volleyball.

The Lady Pirates won their game over West Carroll and next play at home on Tuesday, October 9 versus Eastland.