Filed under A&E

The Nerd: far from boring

Let+My+Love+Open+the+Door.+The+cast+of+%E2%80%9CThe+Nerd%E2%80%9D+shake+their+tambourines+during+the+curtain+call+on+opening+hight.+From+left%3A+Henry+Anderson+%E2%80%9820%2C+Jack+Dregne+%E2%80%9819%2C+Jessica+Baltierra+%E2%80%9819%2C+Evan+Soat+%E2%80%9819%2C+Everett+Noble+%E2%80%9826%2C+Sophia+Getz+%E2%80%9820+and+Kyle+D.+Long+%E2%80%9819.+
Back to Article
Back to Article

The Nerd: far from boring

Let My Love Open the Door. The cast of “The Nerd” shake their tambourines during the curtain call on opening hight. From left: Henry Anderson ‘20, Jack Dregne ‘19, Jessica Baltierra ‘19, Evan Soat ‘19, Everett Noble ‘26, Sophia Getz ‘20 and Kyle D. Long ‘19.

The GHS Drama Club’s fall production of “The Nerd” was a fan favorite. There was an abundance of tickets sold throughout the three nights of performances.

“This show was a lot of fun to work on; the cast was highly focused,” said Ron Jenkins, Drama Club Director. “It was a very well-attended play, and everyone who saw it seemed to enjoy it.”

Turner Hall was full of audience members of all ages; from primary school students to grandparents, and many agreed that it was one of the best plays Galena High School has ever witnessed.

In addition to the there were only nice things to say about all of the actors’ performances. “I was laughing so hard I cried,” said Hanna Skiston. “Henry was perfect for the main part. My seven year old cousin was even laughing hard and he didn’t even know what was going on.”

Henry Anderson ‘19 was the star of the night with his hilarious impersonation of a stereotypical nerd, Rick Steadman.

Weeks after, the play made such an impact on students that they asked Anderson to recreate famous quotes from the previous nights during class.

“The amount of support was amazing,” says Anderson. “I had such a good time performing with everybody and making the production of “The Nerd” hilarious.”

In the spring, the Drama Club will be performing the classic romantic comedy “Pride and Prejudice.” Make sure to see the show!