Senior Students Recognized

On Friday, August 31st between the JV and Varsity games, the football, band, and cheerleading seniors were recognized. Senior night is a tradition at GHS for all sports and events. It is a time for the students and their parents to be recognized for their hard work and dedication over the four years that they spent at GHS.

The members of the football team who walked across the field with their parents were: Conner Einsweiler number 27, Nic Bussan number 28, Anthony Portilla number 31, Kieran Duplesis number 32, Chris Simon number 54, Chance Lyden number 59, Travis Heuer number 60, Kris Knautz number 75, and Kyle Long number 55. Knautz said that it was “great to be introduced to all of his fans in the stands.”

Seniors Emily Folks, Kaitlin Rodriguez, and Marion Schultz were all cheerleaders who were recognized. Rodriguez said that “being less like friends and more like sisters” is what she is going to miss most about cheer at GHS.

Seniors Jessica Baltierra, Jack Dregne, Sophia Heisler, Eric Hernandez, Ainsley Holland, Junhyeok Kim, Evelyn Larson, Gema Lunaguerrero, Kayla Meyer, Abby Moyer, Preston Pearce, Lochlan Nowatzki, Evan Soat, Samantha Stoffregen, and Victor Trujillo were all band members who were recognized. Senior band member Sophia Heisler said that “making memories with friends and going on fun trips” is her favorite part about band at GHS.

Principal Mrs. Murphy said that “seeing all of the proud parents walking across the field with their students” is her favorite part of senior night.