GHS Student section is super

Game on: The Galena student section display their signs and pom poms getting ready to cheer on the lady Pirates at their state final game! The Varsity volleyball team placed second in the state which is a huge accomplishment. “¡Vamos Piratas!” said leader of the student section Jack Einsweiler ‘19.

With the great accomplishments of this year’s varsity volleyball team, the student section has never been more enthused.

The entire season the varsity volleyball girls have been on fire! With the increase of stakes and competitiveness of the other teams, the games have become super intense and you can’t take your eyes off the court.

More fans have been going to the games and the student section has grown immensely with new Pirate fans from different schools and even from different states!

“What I love most about our student section is how everyone gets involved. We choose themes to add to the excitement of the game and what’s more fun than seeing Jack Einsweiler in a girly ballerina costume or seeing Kade in some big jean overalls with a sharpie barbed wire tattoo around his bicep,” said Pirate fan Morgan McIntyre ‘22.

The student section is led by Jack Einsweiler ‘19. Jack is always thinking on his feet and has never missed an opportunity to start a cheer. “Cheering is what really gets the team going,” said volleyball player Samantha Stoffregen ‘19. “Our student section never ceases and is always there to pump us up. I’m so grateful for every single person that cheers us on because, without them, we may not be where we are today – making history!”