10 Reasons why Sophomores and Juniors Should Consider CTE in Their Future Schedule

1. Every classroom provides hands-on learning opportunities that not many classes have at GHS. 
  2. It is a great way to get to know kids from multiple other schools all while simply attending class and engaging in group work. 
  3. You can receive college credits, that can transfer to a wide variety of Universities and Technical Schools after graduation, which can save you money and time in the long run. 
  4. Every teacher and administrator through the CTE Academy can serve as a reference for you in your future jobs, as you performed hands on, book work, and certifications for your potential field, right there in their classroom. 
  5. A on site job fair and interview process is provided free of cost through the CTE Academy, during your school day, which is a great way to acquire jobs, with many highly admired job sites. 
  6. This is not something every school has the opportunity to do during their school day, and it is essentially like an internship, considering the amount of real life work you put in while you attend the class. 
  7. All of the teachers of the class in which you choose, have worked, or been educated to full extent in that field, and have many real life stories, relationships, and good/bad work ethics that they share with students, to set them apart from the rest of job seekers in the future. 
  8. There are opportunities for off campus paid work, often in your field of interest!
  9. You get to have a much needed mental break in your day as you ride the bus on the way to Elizabeth.
  10. The vending machine, and student union snacks and drinks are unmatched! Yummm.

I would encourage you to take a look at the CTE Academy Facebook page to see what they have in store for you in the future.

https://m.facebook.com/JoDaviessCarrollCTEAcademy