Hefel Commits to Clarke

An exciting day for Hefel. Ethan Hefel is surrounded by his parents and new baseball coaches, as he signs to Clarke University to continue his baseball and academic career. On January 27, Ethan Hefel’s friends and family joined him when he made his commitment. “Having the people that are closest to me there, shows the great support system I had during my high school career,” he said. “It gets me excited for the years to come!”

On Thursday, January 27, Ethan Hefel made a big college decision that pronounced his plans for after high school. He was surrounded by his close family, friends, coaches, and teachers as he signed to Clarke University in Dubuque to play baseball. 

Hefel has been a valuable asset to sports at Galena High School. He has gained great success in football, basketball, and baseball. He is a natural leader and holds himself to high standards. Hefel is a four-year varsity starter for basketball and baseball and a three-year varsity starter for football. “Working hard during the off-season made me the athlete I am,” he said.

Although Hefel has been a significant athlete in all the sports he has competed in, he has always had a passion for baseball. This assisted him when making his commitment to Clarke University. Hefel plans on majoring in finance. “I have always enjoyed playing baseball,” he said. “It was the first sport I ever played and I enjoy competing in the summertime with friends.” The Clarke program made Hefel’s decision pretty simple. They have a great organization overall, it is an exceptional school to study finance, and they offered a significant scholarship. 

With this big decision comes an abundance of excitement. “I am excited to play my last high school season with the freshman class,” said Hefel. “They have a lot of talent, and I think we could have a successful season.” 

After the high school season is when most of the anticipation and excitement will set in. “I knew a few of the coaches prior to signing, as well as multiple other boys who are making their commitment as well,” said Hefel. “Being surrounded by other great players makes me eager to get on the field.” For the Clarke Pride, Hefel will most likely pitch and play middle field. He will start training in the fall and play on the semi-pro team this upcoming summer. His friends and family can not wait to see what he will accomplish after high school.