The Spyglass

The student news site of Galena High School.

The Spyglass

The Spyglass

Voting Yes for Galena High School Renovations: A Student’s Perspective

Voting Yes for Galena High School Renovations: A Students Perspective
https://youtu.be/xV0vjlY6YjU

As a student at Galena High School, I wholeheartedly believe that voting yes for the proposed renovations is not just a choice but a necessity for our school’s future. These renovations offer us the opportunity to enhance our learning environment, foster a sense of pride in our school, and ensure that future generations of students benefit from a modern and functional educational space.

Firstly, these renovations will significantly improve our learning environment. Currently, our school faces numerous infrastructure challenges that hinder our ability to learn effectively. From outdated classrooms to inadequate facilities, these issues create unnecessary barriers to our education. By investing in renovations, we can create modern classrooms equipped with the latest technology, comfortable learning spaces, and updated facilities that inspire creativity and productivity.

Secondly, supporting these renovations is about more than just improving our physical surroundings—it’s about instilling a sense of pride in our school community. When we attend a school that is well-maintained and aesthetically pleasing, it reflects positively on us as students. It shows that we value our education and take pride in our learning environment. Voting yes for these renovations sends a message that we are committed to our school’s success and invested in its future.

In the words of my fellow classmate Emma Blaum ‘24, “These renovations are long overdue. We deserve a school that meets our needs and reflects our aspirations. By voting yes, we are investing in ourselves and our future.” 

These renovations are not just for us but for future generations of students who will walk the halls of Galena High School. By voting yes, we are ensuring that they have access to the same quality education and resources that we deserve. “I want future students to feel proud of our school and excited to come here every day. Supporting these renovations is an investment in their future,” Cooper Einsweiler ‘24. 

In conclusion, voting yes for the new Galena High School renovations is essential for the continued success and growth of our school community. By improving our learning environment, fostering a sense of pride, and investing in future generations, we are shaping a better future for ourselves and those who will come after us. As students, it is our responsibility to advocate for our education and ensure that our voices are heard. Let’s come together and vote yes for a brighter future at Galena High School.