Welcome Kylee Huggins!

The rumor of a new student gets the whole school talking. People speculate who the person is, trying to figure out whether they’ll be nice or a Regina George. Then, finally, the student arrives and we find out who they are, bringing the rumors to a close.

Our newest student to GHS is Kylee Grace Huggins. She arrived to GHS in the middle of October, transferring from Senior High School, a school that she isn’t so fond about. “I hated it. There was a lot of bullying and harassment. The teachers also didn’t care about the education of their students,” said Kylee. However, she still keeps contact with her best friend from her old school.  

Transferring schools allowed Kylee to experience the hardships of the real world. “I dropped out of school for about a year. I got kicked out of my parent’s house and I lived with a friend. Doing this, I found out how hard it was living as an adult and trying to find jobs that accept people without an education,” said Kylee, “My grandma lives in Galena and she was the only person I had to turn to. She was there for me. I guess I just wanted to go to school and not be a hobo.”

So far, she thinks the school’s okay. Her goals are simple: graduate and not have the same problems like she did at her last school. Kylee has two pieces of advice for people in high school. “Be careful who you’re friends with, and focus on your education, not your social status.”