Filed under Features, Showcase

First annual fish fry and live auction a success

Back to Article
Back to Article

Galena FFA alumni held their first annual fish fry, followed by the alumni auction. Pictured, Samantha Deinineger, Aly Anderson, Sadie Sedbrook, Sam Niedholdt, Jarrett Bastan, Nate Heuer, Dylan Shemehorn, Austin Meyer, Hunter Bastan, Kade Timmerman, Chance Wills, Connor Einsweiler, Mackenzie Furlong, Maggie Handfelt, Samantha Stoffregen, Chris Simmon, Kenzie Casper, Addison Soat, Sawyer Quick. FFA had a great success at the FFA fundraiser as they sold just under 400 tickets for the dinner that following the auction. Maggie Handfelt ‘21 said, “ I was happily surprised at how many people showed up to the fish fry. It really meant alot that so many people did show up and rally together for out chapter.”

The Galena FFA Alumni held their first annual fish fry at the Elks Club on Friday, March 8.

The event had both a silent and a live auction. The silent auction featured items donated by local businesses that members of the community could bid on throughout the night.

The live auction also featured various items donated by local companies. It also featured a labor auction where students had the opportunity to donate their time towards working for someone who bid on their work.

The funds raised throughout the night from the fish fry and the alumni action will go towards upcoming events and future projects.

“I think that the FFA Auction had a great turnout, especially for this being our first year doing anything like this, and it was amazing to see how supportive our community is of the FFA program,” said freshman Aly Anderson. “It is truly inspiring to see how many people are there to help us and it really makes myself, and many others, want to continue in FFA and do our best with it.”

Throughout the night students stayed on their feet working as a team to make this dinner a success for the Galena FFA.

The auction and dinner together brought in an amazing turnout and amazing profit for this being the first year.
Faulkner said, “Without the support of the community and businesses, this event would not have been a success. It is amazing to see the support that is available for our students.

A big thanks goes out to the Galena FFA Alumni and supporters members for organizing the event.”
With this fund raiser, the FFA is able to use the money for future projects, contests, and trips throughout the year.

This will open up a chance for FFA to go out and learn more beyond the classroom and experience new opportunities for the students involved.

“I want people to see that FFA is more than kids with tractors,” said senior Sawyer Quick. “We are really focused on leadership, and Mrs. Faulkner encourages us to lead by example.”